Dr Mike Rungie, has specialised understanding how people live well in their 70s, 80s, 90s, undertaking a variety of studies, research projects and service trials (including as a Visiting Scholar with Prof Wolf Wolfensberger, and a Churchill Fellowship).
He is the former CEO of ACH Group and has led SCH Group in trialling Service Models that enable older people to not only receive high quality care, but in a way that enables high quality life (including ViTA – a teaching, re-enablement service for older people). Dr Rungie currently works with a number of organisations and networks developing scalable strategies that have citizenship and productivity for older people at the centre of what they do.
- Northern Economic Plan Implementation Group (2015 – current)
- NH&MRC National Institute for Dementia Research Expert Advisory Panel (2015 – current)
- Economic Development Board Ageing Well sub-committee – Economic Priority 3 (2014 – current)
- SAHMRI External Stakeholder Reference Group (2014 – current)
- COTA Policy Council (2014 – current)
- SA Innovation Hub Project – Chair (2013 – current)